Sunday, June 1, 2008

No Milk Today


It's 11:52 p.m.

I have a 2, 500 word assignment due tomorrow that I am currently utterly f**ked for.

I have already established that I am going to be pulling an all-nighter, because unfortunately, exegeses do not write themselves. Thank you to the incredibly intelligent and considerate person who decided to make my 35% essay due in the week AFTER the final Week 13, and the other assessor who figured they'd make another one due IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EXAM PERIOD.

(Really. That was awfully considerate. Perhaps I can repay your kindness by gouging your eyes out with a spoon.)

Anyway, my laptop screen was playing up so I reset the entire computer and wandered off to the kitchen to get supplies for this horrendous essay-writing extravaganza. I wanted soup. So I went to the fridge...

...and there was no milk.

Normally, the lack of liquid lactose-based products in the fridge would not send me into a homicidal rage. However, it is now 11:58 p.m, my local Safeway obviously does not hire 24-hour-party-people so I cannot sneak out and get milk (at any rate, I'm wearing pyjamas and an oversized Oxford hoodie and that's just not a great look at any time of the day or night) and I have also just realised that THERE IS NO BREAD.

At least I have water.

But the urge to smash something is rising.

Unfortunately I was working all weekend, as is my wont, so I was unable to detect this LACK OF BARE BASICS until now.

I.

Want.

Milk.

NOW.

I'm beginning to see why everyone thinks we're the 'instant gratification' generation. But obviously these generational sociologists have never been trapped in the house without milk.

DAMN ESSAY. DAMN LACK OF MILK. DAMN LACK OF SOUP.

*sobs and pounds keyboard*

To make matters worse, I am also out of instant coffee sachets. Which means that if I want coffee, it will be, sadly, sans milk.

AAAAAAAAARGGGGGGHHHHHH.

I think that if a Scientologist approached me with an e-meter right now, my emotional levels would blow it up.

I promise that the amount of hysterical pre-exam posts will drop down after June 24th. Until then, I am going to be doing DAILY MILK CHECKS OF THE REFRIGERATOR to ensure that terrible incidents like this never happen again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's early early Monday morning...WHY ARE YOU READING THIS? WRITE THAT ESSAY, GIRL!

If you have finished it...congrats. I understand your food related rage. It is merely you channeling energy that you could use to smash your PC into tinytiny pieces into a food product that does not contain all of your academic year on it.
Chin up. We will chocolate milk/KFC soon.xox

Rosanna said...

This is horrendous. I FELT STRESSED FOR YOU READING THIS.

I hope you finished the essay Daph! It sounds possibly like the most stressful night ever. Next time, you need coffee, milk and chocolate-coated sultanas to get you through.

We must do Maxs soon (ie: after exams. I only add the 'soon' to make myself feel better about how crap SWOTVAC is) xo

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. This sounds remarkably similar to my staple induced rage brought on by exam stress.

Whilst printing lecture notes i managed to consecutively break 3 staplers. Being the anal retentive person i am, i couldn't just leave my lecture notes unstapled, nooooooooooo, i had to chuck a hissy fit in the middle of my study and drive all the way to officeworks to get a new stapler before i could continue my study.

Stress can make us do crazy things.

The world should be warned that tiny things like no milk or staples are NOT INSIGNIFICANT and will result in people's heads being bitten off.

(On the other hand, no i have my stapler i feel so much better!)

PS i recommend chocolate covered coffee beans. Beat sultanas any day :)

Anonymous said...

Lou, don't recommend her chocolate covered CAFFEINE! Yikes.

I was tempted to drive to Borders to buy the new Shaun Tan picture book yesterday. I restrained myself, barely. Sigh.

And I am commenting a second time on your blog. Indicating that I should be studying but am reading follow up messages.

Blerghargh

Daph said...

hah hah hah, i feel so much better now after hearing your stapler story, Loui...and thanks muchly to y'all for the support...

i really need to try these chocolate-coated coffee beans, every time i fondle the pack of the shelves Kristine is always mysteriously nearby to stop me (remember Parkers and the campus centre store? :P)