Friday, June 6, 2008

The Magic Pudding

My dad just exploded a pudding in our kitchen.

Literally, it looks like a pudding bomb has gone off in spectacular fashion- our entire stove is coated in brown debris and the roof is charred black above the stove where the pudding blew up.

(This, incidentally, is what happens when you leave a tinned pudding boiling in hot water on a stove at high heat, and you forget all about it and leave it there for two and a half hours.)

Unfortunately or fortunately, I was in the shower at the time of the explosion...in hindsight, maybe this was a good thing, as I didn't really fancy having to explain pudding-related burn lesions on my face at work tomorrow...

At any rate, downstairs now smells entirely like fragrant, albeit charred, brandy pudding. I just stood there and laughed, then finally offered to clean the walls .

(I also took some pictures of this momentous occasion...it's not every day you get an edible re-enactment of Pompeii in your humble household.)

I couldn't get a very good view unfortunately- I had to lean over the bench to snap some shots because the floor was covered in three millimetres of pudding crumbs...





2 comments:

Kristine said...

This is one of those rare occasions where I can actually say 'Lol'. I am laughing out loud in my bedroom and my mum thinks that I am crazy.

Pudding explosion...tee hee! At least it wasn't egg. Or durian cake. Or fermented fish pudding.

I can't WAIT to see your roof next time I come over.

Glad no one was scarred by burning pudding.

Anonymous said...

HAHAH.... Good times...