Thursday, August 30, 2007

Peachy

Turns out I couldn't go to work yesterday.

I knew something was wrong when I woke up from a weird, fever-induced sleep in which I dreamt I was posing as a renegade anti-establishment guerilla spy in Indonesia. For one moment when I woke up, I was utterly convinced that I couldn't go to Indonesia in 2009 because they would try to kill me on political grounds if I ever set foot there.

Then I cracked an eyelid open, thought about it for a good two minutes, and thought, "Hmm...no one's shooting at me."

(This is generally a good thought to have.)

I then realised that:

(a) I was still sick

(b) I really needed to get out more if I was starting to have dreams relating to my Arts electives

Although I spent yesterday glowering darkly at anything that came within three feet, I was much more perky today.

I even got a slightly sweet moment of revenge:

A customer came in who needed a particular kind of connector for two hard drives. We only had the SATA connectors. That should really have been the end of the story. Except that he demanded someone who "knows more about it than you do." Well, tough- nobody else did. When I passed him again he just shoved his phone into my hands and told me to talk to his friend on the line who knew what kind of connector he needed.

I talked to the guy on the line, and established that no, we didn't have it. Then I passed the (rather expensive) phone back and thought privately to myself, "HAH HAH HAH YOU JUST GOT MY BRONCHITIS GERMS!!!"

I never said I wasn't immature.

A note for Congealed Blob: Selamat datang ke blog saya! Terima kasih untuk pesan. Pertama-tama, apa kamu mengerti film yang dilihat hari ini? (Meskipun kamu mungkin tertidur)...dan kalau kamu pergi ke Indonesia (dan/atau Malaysia) pada akhir tahun 2009 saya mungkin mengunjungi kamu!

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Siapa Congealed Blob?

Saya mau pergi ke world di 2009!

Saya mau tidur sekarang, tetapi work called dan Ed mau saya work di Heide sekarang. TIDAK MAU. Urghhhh.


As you can see, my Indo is a lot patchy. I can stil understand insults directed at me though, thank goodness!

Rosanna said...

I have no idea what is being said. I hope you feel better soon! xo

Anonymous said...

Muahaha, Congealed Blob adalah Jenai dari kelas bersama dengan Daphne. Kenalkan!

Mengenai filmnya saya juga tak mengerti, karena, ya, saya cape. TETAPI 'fight scene' dalam filmnya lucu sekali! Saya tertarik (laugh?) beberapa kali, karena sangat pura-pura!

Saya harus pergi ke Malaysia karena saya harus mengunjungi nenek dan kakek saya di sana.

Sekarang saya merasa cape, karena mengira dalam bahasa Indonesia sangat sulit.

Tetapi selamat sehat ~ mungkin minum teh ginger dicampur dengan lemon bisa membantu sakitmu?

Kristine said...

HAHAHAHAHA foxy mr fox.

SHUDDER. never use foxy and fox in the same sentence again. It's like saying...

Sexy Nadav.

Or...

Fun Contracts.

Urgh.