Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Out, vile jellies!


Anthony Mundine isn't exactly the brightest spark around.

Given that his career consists of bashing other men repeatedly in the skull, it shouldn't be surprising. But now The Man's sporting future has been jeopardised by an infection in his left eye- because he took out a contact lens and cleaned it with his mouth.

When I got my contact lenses, I was told NEVER to rinse them with tap water. It was implied that since relatively neutral tap water was forbidden, other liquids were also a no-no. Like chocolate milk. Or hydrochloric acid. The optometrist didn't mention anything about saliva- because she assumed that no normal person would ever lick their contact lens to clean it, or swirl it around their bacteria-laden mouth like a good Merlot...and then put it back onto their eyeball.

Apparently, boxers have carved out their own sub-level of intelligence.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow. What an EEJIT. It must be all of that boxing to the head. And the fact that he became a boxer. I repeat: EEJIT.

But HOORAY for your blog!!! This is mucho happiness...now I can read you without signing into Myspace. Ah, joy indeed.

We must Subway to celebrate, my treat.

xx

Kristine said...

Oh dear, I just remembered:

I was at school last week and HOTTA was doing the same thing! While I talked to her, she removed her contact, licked it, and replaced it in her eye 3 times!

Looks like it's not a boxer thing.

(ps. I left contracts. couldn't stand any more of nadav's arguing. On the up side, I did manage to get to class 1 hour late and still make it on time)