Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hip Hop Is Not Dead, Part II

It appears that my ambition to become cool and black has struck yet another hurdle.

Dad: Why are you listening to that crap?
Moi: What crap?
Dad: All that black music with the obscenities-
Moi: Eh? Ohhhh...

Then I remembered that I'd accidentally left my CD with the uncensored version of 50 Cent's P.I.M.P in the car. The G-Mix.

Whoops.

Y'know, that song that goes, "I ain't that nigga trying to holla cause I want some head/ I'm that nigga tryin' to holla cause I want some bread..."

Eh heh heh heh...I love that line...

So yes, my mag-ni-fah-cent pimp-ing didn't go down so well...and thus, I will have to wait until I move out to achieve my dream of becoming cool and black.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI DAPHNE!!!! :)
that line about the bread is pure poetry... a brother's gotta eat!

Anonymous said...

Lol. Can't say I like 50 Cents.

Listen to Lupe Fiasco's Daydream song featuring Jill Scott? GOOD SONG! I love him, cuz he's a nerd and a rapper.

Ebonics! Did you the language of being cool and black is called Ebonics by linguists? Lol.