Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Awake is the New Sleep*

It's 1 a.m in the morning and I am about as sleepy as a squirrel on Red Bull.

I'm not a morning person. This much is obvious from anyone who has seen me in my tousled, bunny-pyjama-clad, squinting glory at any time before 10 a.m. In fact, I once frightened our local Avon representative when she dared disturb my slumber at 9 a.m in the middle of my summer holidays.

I opened the door in my pyjamas and blinked half-lucidly at the horrible sunlight behind her head.

She didn't come back after that.

I've often wondered if my morning beauty would be strong enough to repel a Mormon.

Anyway, Daylight Savings started on the weekend, and I'm still fighting to adjust to having that extra hour of daylight. It would normally be midnight right about now, but of course, it's now 1 a.m and I am still absolutely awake.

However, I am also quite cold right now, so I might attempt to grab some shut-eye before I frighten my Torts tutor with my scowling visage tomorrow morning.

I also plan to get some decent coffee. Ever since I stopped part-time work, paring it down to 4.5 hours a week, I had to make certain sacrifices....and the coffee was the first to go. I've been living, albeit miserably, off instant cappuccinos and Jarrah and Robert Timms instant granulated, and it just isn't the same.

Four weeks. Four weeks until I finish exams, four weeks until I recommence part-time work dispensing tired advice, four weeks until I get that part-time income back and I can get access to my caffeinated precioussssss...



* kudos to Ben Lee for the blog title

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hooray for money...I have a 12 hour shift tomorrow...I know I need to study...but $300....ooooohhhhh...

Though I still think that we should wean you onto decaf on Sunday. Just kidding! (*ducks are you throw things and scowl*)

AND HOORAY FOR UPDATING ALREADY! I was so bored I posted on the reviews blog about the PLA. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!!