Wednesday, April 15, 2009

21 Going on 60

Boss: So what are you going to do today?

Me: Study. Oh, and Target are having a sale. On cardigans.

Silence.

I didn't mention, "And I need to buy toothpaste," because that would have just been WAY too much excitement for one afternoon. Although considering the way my social life is going (thank you, stupid workload that is threatening to break my fragile spirit) I might as well have said I was going to get soaking solution for my dentures before going off to play bingo, thank you very much.

Then I stood in front of the toothpaste aisle for 15 minutes (I was texting, in my defence) weighing up the advantages of Cool Mint with Mini Breath Strips versus the 12 Hour Antibacterial Protection offered by Colgate Total, just because handing over the $3.99 at the checkout meant that I had no more excuse to linger in the shopping centre- and that meant I had to go home and open my books and study, and hey, that didn't work either because I am now procrastinating by blogging.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Bingo is a very social game, thank you very much! :P As is lawn bowls. And competitive walking frame racing.