Friday, August 1, 2008

The Filler Post

It's 1:18 a.m.

And I am still awake. Very very awake.

I blame my friend. I blame my friend and her wonderful coffee machine. I blame my friend and my friend's wonderful coffee machine and the fact that when my friend makes a mocha, she uses chocolate and cream instead of powder and pours freshly ground and brewed coffee over it all.

I also suspect that she may have given me a double shot of espresso as I am wide awake and blinking at the screen in the early hours of the morning.

*taps fingers*

But mostly, this is just a filler post- I apologise for the lack of blogging, but uni's started up again and I'm knee-deep in constructive trusts, negligence, the preterit tense in Spanish, and the works of Shakespeare and Wordsworth.

And oddly enough, lovin' it.

I'd also like to say that I've tried cutting down on coffee for the past two weeks. It's made me utterly miserable- and since there's a Coffee HQ on the university basement level, I've had to put up with people gliding up and down past me on the escalators with little takeaway cups of molten espresso heaven, the smell of roast coffee beans wafting past me as the escalator makes its inexorable way up to Level Four...

(Screw coffee abstinence.)

I make an exception on Sundays, where the time seems to slow to a crawl on work shifts- and in the morning, my voice is reduced a series of guttural grunts unless I get some form of caffeine in a little takeaway cup.

Oh coffee, how I love thee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank god you posted. I was just about to post. Post saying 'Update, up daate up daaaate!' (sung to the cancan).

We are doing coffee on tuesday, oui? (squeee!!!!)