Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tooth. And nothing but the tooth.

Hello! Sorry for the lack of updates recently- I had my wisdom teeth removed last week, and despite my sister cheerfully suggesting that I blog "while the pain is still fresh!" I wasn't really keen on writing a post detailing the blood spitting and the mouth-numbing and the tooth-doucheing.

And no, that's not a typo- on my review two days ago, my surgeon stuck an irrigation syringe down the gum cavity where my wisdom tooth (or teeth, rather) had been, and flushed the cavity. It was so disgusting. And painful. And then he popped the syringe in a bag and told me to do exactly the same thing, six times a day.

I call it the tooth douche. It's my new friend in the pursuit of dental hygiene:



Anyway, despite the pain from the intubation (they stuck a tube down my throat for the general anaesthetic and it created an ulcer) everything is peachy. Except for the six-times-a-day tooth douche.

And despite my best efforts, I just spent a goodly paragraph detailing the tooth douche after all. Oh well.

In other non-tooth-douche-related news, Happy Chinese New Year, and a happy belated Valentines'...Chinese New Year actually started on Valentines' Day this year, so I actually got money for being single. It was brilliant!

And judging by the fact that I've just written an entire post about tooth-doucheing, I expect that my 'single' status really isn't likely to change any time soon, unless I find some handsome young maxillofacial surgeon who finds that kind of thing absolutely fascinating :P But that's fine by me, cos all I need in this life of sin, is me and my tooth douche.

Gong Xi Fai Cai, bloggers! :D

3 comments:

daniel said...

ohhh you poor thing daphne......i hope you are at least able to enjoy eating copious amounts of jelly and icecream and other soft goodies. (one of my friends had his mum puree steaks for him eeeeewwwww)

ami said...

OMG, I am so sorry for you. Tooth douche sucks! Hope you feel better soon.

Kris said...

I have been neglecting your blog and I now I find that it is looking beautiful with a face lift! Love it. And well done for going through the hell that is HTML.

The in depth description of a tooth douche was less welcome... Heaven forbid I need one of those next week!

And your mum is a gem...I love the smartie cake!!!