Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Changes

I must admit the title of this post is quite deceptive- 'changes' is such a dramatic word, full of anticipation, trepidation, promises, or even dread preceding some major announcement...but in this case, I'm merely referring to the fact that I've been attempting to change the look of my blog on this lovely Wednesday afternoon, and it's driving me freaking crazy.

Despite being fairly computer-literate, my knowledge of programming, HTML and general blog stuff is about on par with my algebraic skills. That is, if I manage to somehow fluke my way into getting a solution, it's by sheer dumb luck and I can't actually backtrack and tell you how I did it. Plus, both programming and algebra elicit the same reaction from me- frustration and the desire to smash something. So far, I've changed the layout three or four times, trying to find something that fits, and trying to figure out how to edit the fonts in HTML. Just to warn y'all in advance, I'll probably be playing around with formats for a bit in the new few weeks- you'll probably be able to get a new template every time you press F5 on your browser :D

I quite liked the simple layout of my old design, but it was a stock-standard sensible Blogger template that I had for about three years. Figured I might as well get a new one, considering it's a new decade and all.

Hope you all had a great start to 2010!

1 comment:

sarah said...

i really like the origami crane!

and ahahahahaha your computer skills are probably about 10000x better than mine. i am only slightly better than my grandmother and she has to ask me where the power button is every time she wants to turn it on ;p