Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why I Should Be Cast as Kitana...(are you listening, McG?)

I pulled my pyjama top over my face earlier this evening- I don't know why, I just felt like annoying my sister while she was using the bathroom mirror, and pretending to be a masked bandit in bright pink Chupa Chup PJs and waving my hands in the air behind her head just seemed the best way to go about it- when I realised something.

I could totally be Kitana if they ever made another horrible Mortal Kombat movie.



(Kitana always wears a mask that hides everything but her eyes. Thus, it hit me like a lightning bolt when I was mucking around in the mirror.)

I have given this considered, educated thought (mostly because the alternative to this train of thought was going back to a large pile of legislation and national employment standards) and have come up with the following reasons why I could totally be cast as Kitana:

1) I'm Asian. She's Asian. In fact, Kristin Kreuk got cast as Chun-Li for Street Fighter and she's only half-Asian. Therefore, am TWICE AS QUALIFIED as Kristin Kreuk for this role. (Am still irritated at Kristin Kreuk and the fact that she got to star as the love interest of Tom Welling AND Jensen Ackles in Smallville. That's just plain greedy.)

2. Drop-dead gorgeousness is not a deciding factor. She wears a mask over most of her face.

3. Even acting is not an issue. Of course, I do have the unrivalled experience of having a minor speaking part in my Year Six school play, but at any rate, Kitana's voice comes out muffled in MK v DC...quite possibly due to having an entire scrap of blue fabric plastered to her jaw. So I could botch my lines and no one would notice!

4. I really like the colour blue. It's meant to be.

5. KISS OF DEATH! KISS OF DEATH!

And as you can see, my study for the next exam is not going so well....:P

2 comments:

SassyGirl said...

If being fully Asian is a deciding requirement, wouldn't there be several million qualified Asian females? :P

ami said...

I don't think they would butcher a Mortal Kombat movie. The nerd community had enough after Dragonball: Evolution. But if they do make it, let's make an online petition to get you the role