Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Attention Span FAIL...

My attention span has actually decreased from when I was a kid.

I used to be able to sit through long, painful school assemblies. Chapel, every week (although I once copped detention for sliding with my friends on the pews.) Speech Nights. Double periods, sometimes triple- of the same class. Hours of let's-go-through-every-line-of-Romeo-and-Juliet in English. Yet now, I am unable to sustain my concentration for more than 20 minutes at a time.

And just to prove a point, I am writing this in the middle of my Equity lecture.

It's only one and a half hours and I am so painfully bored that I have actually exhausted the distractions of all other websites, including Facebook.

Currently, the lecturer is talking about 'equitable monetary remedies' and I am blogging about not paying attention.

Sigh.

4 comments:

SassyGirl said...

I heard somewhere that you can practice to make your attention span longer, so maybe the reverse is true too? Like you could lose your attention span if you don't try to stretch it out?

ami said...

i had the same problem. But ever since I started doing meditation 5 minutes a day it improved. Oh god I sound like a commercial.

Your blog looks cute!

ami said...

What do you do with a B.A. in English,
What is my life going to be?
Four years of college and plenty of knowledge,
Have earned me this useless degree.

I love Avenue Q. I hum Shadenfreude when something bad happens around me.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.